Sunday, March 30, 2014

Behave, declaration of principles

The idea of controlling yourself in front of computer helped by an app was born around three years ago while cycling to work. It was a sunny morning, precious situation in Ireland, riding on Strawberry Beds road direction Leixlip.

It was clear that had to use machine learning techniques, computer vision and Python. 

Three years have passed, today there is a running app that does the basics of what I had in mind, and it works.

It works so well that I use it as I code, the more I use it, the more need to code it to improve it, the more I code it, the more I need it... an unexpected vicious circle.

Behave is open source and free, its aim is to help people, serve as support to maintain a healthier back and habits in front of a computer. 

Because I firmly believe that health should be a right and not a benefit nor a business, this software is and it will be free.

The dream is to reach schools where youngsters are starting to spend time in front of the screen and to prevent them from back problems, and other habits, as they grow up :)

That's it, it is written.

No comments:

Post a Comment